Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

Tic Tac Toe!

The season of crazy Christmas sewing has begun!  I'm a little crazy and I've had almost all of my Christmas shopping done since last month.  All that's left to do is sew.  

The first project completed is for my nephew.  It's a game quilt, based on this adorable Tic Tac Toe quilt.  How cute is a game quilt that little ones can toss bean bags at to claim their square for Tic Tac Toe?

I still had a ton of fabric left from the quilt I made for Baby L's bed that I've been anxious to use on a project for a special little boy.  Ready, Set, Go! by Ann Kelle for Robert Kaufman is one of my favorite lines.  And as a proud OSU grad, I have a special place in my heart for the color orange.

I made my quilt a little bit larger (it's about 44 inches square) than the pattern and I did not appliqué on the words "Tic Tac Toe".  The small squares are about 3 inches instead of 2.5.  This was a great way to use up scraps. 






Can't take a picture without Bear.

I still have to make the bean bags so my adorable nephews can play.

One project down, many more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment