Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Home is...

Not much quilting these days.  I've been super busy with other things, mainly physical therapy.  I injured a tendon in my shoulder awhile ago.  I think it was from carrying my precious toddler around, but in reality it's probably due to years of neglect.  In any event the physical therapy has put a damper on any heavy use of my shoulder, including quilting.  :(

So I've been busy creating other things.  I've been wanting to make a "Home is where the Army sends us" sign for quite some time.  After auditioning what seemed like a million different handwriting styles, I decided to just buy a stencil.  I found this one from the Stencilsmith.  They have reasonable prices and super fast shipping.  Fast shipping is always a priority for me.

Here's the final result:
x2- I also made one for my awesome friend, Ashley
  
We're still on our first duty station so those empty ones on the bottom are currently just wishful thinking.  As much as I want to see other parts of the country (and possibly the world- Germany anyone?) I'm grateful we've had a pretty good Army experience.  My husband and I were married in El Paso, I got my first professional job here, we bought our first house here, and of course our baby was born here.  We've had some good experiences here but I think we're all ready to move on.

I'm hoping to regain some use of my shoulder soon because I have a lap quilt waiting to be quilted, three toddler sized lap quilts waiting to be assembled, and a baby quilt waiting to be pieced.  I'll be busy for the next few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment